DRHE/DRHW – 8 Nights / 9 Days
The Rainforest to Gold Rush Discovery Self-Drive includes a night in Vancouver before you embark on the Rocky Mountaineer to Whistler, site of the 2010 Winter Olympics.
You’ll spend the night in Whistler Village before boarding the Rocky Mountaineer for your two day train journey to Jasper National Park. You’ll follow a rugged, northern route so you’ll be treated to spectacular scenery from start to finish.
The morning after you arrive in Jasper you will pickup your rental car. You’ll have a full day to explore Jasper at your leisure. After your second night in Jasper, drive between Jasper and Lake Louise along the Icefields Parkway, considered one of the three most scenic highways in North America. You will pass mountain peak after mountain peak until you arrive at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise where you’ll spend the night.
After your stay at Lake Louise, drive from Lake Louise and Banff (35 miles) and spend the night. Finally, you drive between Banff and Calgary for your overnight there. The last day of your trip, drop your car at Calgary Airport and fly home.
This vacation begins with an overnight stay in Vancouver each Friday between April 30 and September 24, 2021. It begins with an overnight stay in Calgary each Thursday from April 29 and September 23, 2021.
- 2 day Rocky Mountaineer GoldLeaf or SilverLeaf Service
- 3.5 hour Rocky Mountaineer Whistler Sea to Sky Climb
- 3 breakfasts, 2 lunches (Reverse itinerary features 2
breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 afternoon snack)
- 8 nights hotel accommodation
- Vancouver Lookout
- 5 Day full size car rental with unlimited mileage
- Calgary Tower
- Rail station transfers in Vancouver, Whistler, Quesnel
- Luggage handling
- Add airport transfers in Vancouver and Calgary
- Add additional nights in the Rockies
- Add activities in Jasper, Lake Louise and/or Banff
- Add sightseeing in Vancouver and tours to Victoria and Butchart Gardens
- Prices depend on when you travel, number of travelers, and train service you choose.
- Prices can change based on hotel availability at the time of booking.
- Ask for available promotions when you book.
- Call 1-800-913-9207 or 604-990-9299 or Email to get prices for your trip.
|Vancouver to Calgary – 2021 Prices|
|Start Dates||SILVERLEAF||GOLDLEAF||GOLDLEAF DELUXE|
|May 7 – 14||$4,189||$5,823||$6,310|
|Jun 4 – 25||$4,557||$6,640||$7,060|
|Jul 2 – 9||$4,752||$6,846||$7,257|
|Jul 16 – 30||$4,615||$6,716||$7,118|
|Aug 6 – 20||$4,665||$6,796||$7,204|
|Aug 27 – Sep 10||$4,660||$6,796||$7,106|
|Sep 17 – 24||$4,624||$6,689||$7,090|
Prices are per person, before taxes, based on Double Occupancy
May 7, 14, 21, 28
June 4, 11, 18, 25
July 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
August 6, 13, 20, 27
September 3, 10, 17, 24
May 6, 13, 20, 27
June 3, 10, 17, 24
July 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
August 5, 12, 19, 26
September 2, 9, 16, 23
|Vancouver to Calgary||Calgary to Vancouver|
|1||Arrive in Vancouver||Vancouver||Arrive in Calgary and pick up your car rental||Calgary|
|2||On the Rocky Mountaineer to Whistler||Whistler||Drive between Calgary and Banff||Banff|
|3||On the Rocky Mountaineer to Quesnel – journey midpoint||Quesnel||Drive between Banff and Lake Louise||Lake Louise|
|4||On the Rocky Mountaineer to Jasper National Prk||Jasper||Drive Icefields Parkway to Jasper||Jasper|
|5||Free day in Jasper National Park||Jasper||Free day in Jasper and drop off car rental||Jasper|
|6||Drive Icefields Parkway to the Chateau Lake Louise||Lake Louise||On the Rocky Mountaineer to Quesnel||Quesnel|
|7||Drive from Lake Louise to Banff||Banff||On the Rocky Mountaineer to Whistler||Whistler|
|8||Drive from Banff National Park to Calgary||Calgary||On the Rocky Mountaineer to Vancouver||Vancouver|
|9||Vacation ends in Calgary when you drop your car at the airport||Vacation ends in Vancouver|
Levels of Service
Rocky Mountaineer: SilverLeaf and GoldLeaf Service
- SilverLeaf Service includes reserved seating in a custom built single level car with expansive windows curving into the ceiling, hot breakfast and lunch served at your seat, and complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages during the day.
- GoldLeaf Service – Reserved seating in the GoldLeaf elevated dome car. Breakfast and lunch are served in the GoldLeaf dining car and GoldLeaf passengers have access to the outdoor viewing platform.
Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are included .
- View the Differences between SilverLeaf Service and GoldLeaf Service